At StuDocu we believe in one thing: setting knowledge free will help humanity overcome its greatest challenges. StuDocu is the world’s leading community for university students. Every month we help more than 15 million university students to get smarter, faster. After rapid and profitable growth in the Netherlands (under the StudeerSnel.nl brand) we are now taking the rest of the world by storm.
The reason why we’re so popular? Our product solves some of the biggest problems students all around the world experience: accessing their study materials anytime, anywhere, and sharing them with their fellow students. Word of mouth and tremendous organic growth do the rest.
Our healthy economic model has allowed us to grow our team significantly over the past year, and now we are looking for an experienced UX/UI designer to join our design team. You will work closely with the product and engineering teams to deliver pixel-perfect designs across our entire product. Your thoughtful designs allow us to quickly run A/B tests and iterate on existing features, as well as launch entirely new ones. Every day millions of students all over the world will see and interact with the product you have designed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Formulate hypotheses together with Product Managers and turn them into high-quality design solutions.
- Collaborate with developers to reach high-quality implementation.
- Measure the success of your decisions with the team and iterate when needed.
- Approach design in a data-driven way.
- Research on users’ perspectives and competitive landscape to generate solutions.
- Run end-to-end design process for a variety of initiatives for web, app, and marketing purposes.
Why you are going to love it here:
- You will be contributing to the design of a product that helps millions of students worldwide to excel in their studies. StuDocu is set to become an industry leader in the EdTech space;
- You will learn every day, interacting with a great international team of talented and ambitious people. You will have a huge impact and a clear footprint;
- We are based in a nice and bright office in the heart of Amsterdam with a large garden, right beside the canals. Our office vibe is awesome and our chef makes amazing lunches every day.
- We work hard to make the world a better place and we celebrate success. Last year with a company trip to Bali, and this year we went skiing in the Alps!
- At least 3 years of experience in product design.
- You’re an excellent communicator - able to discuss design decisions confidently at all levels
- You can translate requirements into functional, usable, and beautiful designs
- Experience working on designs for consumer products with a large user base.
- Experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Effective written and verbal communication