Senior SEO Manager
At StuDocu we believe in one thing: setting knowledge free will help humanity overcome its greatest challenges. StuDocu is the world’s leading community for university students. Every month we help more than 12 million university students to get smarter, faster. After a rapid and profitable growth in the Netherlands (under the StudeerSnel.nl brand) we are now taking the rest of the world by storm.
Our content and SEO driven growth strategy has led to multiple years of very strong growth, and with 200 million university students across the globe, we still have lots of room for continued expansion. To lead this next stage in our growth we are looking for an experienced, creative and data-driven SEO Manager.
As our first in-house SEO Manager, you will be responsible for growing our organic visibility and traffic by identifying both quick wins and long-term initiatives contributing to our SEO success. You will manage our SEO roadmap end to end, from ideation to measurement of success. You’ll also work closely with our Tech, Marketing and Operations teams to implement your projects. If you’re a self-starter, a fast learner with a get things done attitude, you have an excellent understanding of success metrics and are able to define success and measure, then you will be a great fit at StuDocu!
What you’ll be doing:
- You'll be responsible for setting, testing, and refining StuDocu’s SEO strategy, with a particular emphasis on growing SEO traffic in international markets
- You’ll manage a team of external SEO consultants to review SEO performance, conduct market research and keyword analysis, and identify new opportunities
- You'll be the authority on SEO strategy at StuDocu, and make sure that every team is aware of how their objectives impact the company’s SEO performance
- Evaluate search demand to identify organic growth opportunities and translate them into actionable projects for the Tech, Marketing and Operations teams;
- Define and monitor KPIs and success metrics to gauge SEO health and understand organic search performance.
Why you are going to love it here:
- You will be in the lead of the strategies behind a product that helps millions of students worldwide to excel at their studies. StuDocu is set to become an industry leader in the EdTech space;
- You will learn everyday, interacting with a great international team of talented and ambitious people. You will have a huge impact and a clear footprint;
- We are based in a nice and bright office in the heart of Amsterdam with a large garden, right beside the canals. Our office vibe is awesome and our chef makes amazing lunches every day.
- We work hard to make the world a better place and we celebrate success. Last year with a company trip to Bali, and this year we are going skiing in the Alps!
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in SEO;
- You have executed successful SEO projects and can showcase the results dealing with 1M+ pages in a multi language setup;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand large data sets and turning them into actionable insights (SQL, Py, R or experience with scripting languages is a must);
- Experience in Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics, SemRush, Ahrefs and Mixpanel;
- Familiarity with A/B and multivariate experimentation frameworks;
- Creative and independent with the ability to communicate ideas and insights;
- Strong communicator both in verbal and written form. Ability to translate complex information and data into clear and easily understandable reports;
- Effective strategic thinking and problem solving with a learner mindset;
- Can easily adapt to change (we’re a scale-up after all!).