Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
At StuDocu we believe in one thing: setting knowledge free will help humanity overcome its greatest challenges. StuDocu is the world’s leading community for university students. Every month we help more than 12 million university students to get smarter, faster. After a rapid and profitable growth in the Netherlands (under the StudeerSnel.nl brand) we are now taking the rest of the world by storm.
The reason why we’re so popular? Our product solves some of the biggest problems students all around the world experience: accessing their study materials anytime, anywhere, and sharing them with their fellow students. Word of mouth and a tremendous organic growth do the rest.
Given our scale, It’s now time to proactively share StuDocu’s story with the world. As our Senior Marketing & Comms Manager, reporting directly to the COO, you’ll help users and media understand the strength of our product, the power of our platform, and the genuine ambition of our mission. If you are a creative storyteller, an independant campaigner, result-focused, and have an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, then you will be a great fit at StuDocu!
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on StuDocu communications in the United States, Canada, Australia, Germany and the Netherlands with the objectives of strengthening our brand authority and increasing our off-page SEO reputation;
- Further building StuDocu's brand and profile with the media and third parties;
- Working to tell our story - and the story of edtech - in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and the general public;
- Combining management of a busy press office with proactive communications projects across the world;
- Managing relationships with journalists and external stakeholders such as opinion formers and third parties;
- Providing strategic support for the business and policy objectives in the region;
- Managing external agencies in focus markets.
Why you are going to love it here:
- You will be in the lead of the strategies behind a product that helps millions of students worldwide to excel at their studies. StuDocu is set to become an industry leader in the EdTech space;
- You will learn everyday, interacting with a great international team of talented and ambitious people. You will have a huge impact and a clear footprint;
- We are based in a nice and bright office in the heart of Amsterdam with a large garden, right beside the canals. Our office vibe is awesome and our chef makes amazing lunches every day.
- We work hard to make the world a better place and we celebrate success. Last year with a company trip to Bali, and this year we are going skiing in the Alps!
What you bring to the table:
- Ideally you would have around 7+ years communications experience. But we're open to people with experience in other walks of life (e.g. marketing, journalism, law), who intuitively get this stuff and are interested in pursuing a different career;
- Fluent in English, both oral and written, is required. It would be great if you also know another European language such as German, Dutch or French;
- Bachelor’s degree (bonus points if you have a Master’s) or equivalent experience Experience;
- Creative and independent with the ability to communicate ideas and insights;
- Strong communicator both in verbal and written form. Ability to translate complex information and data into clear and easily understandable reports;
- Prior Experience in assembling an ambitious and innovative comms strategy to serve off-page SEO authority is a big plus.