At StuDocu we believe in one thing: setting knowledge free will help humanity overcome its greatest challenges. StuDocu is the world’s leading community for university students: every month we help more than 12 million university students to get smarter, faster. After rapid and profitable growth in the Netherlands (under the StudeerSnel.nl brand) we are now taking the rest of the world by storm.
The reason why we’re so popular? Our product solves some of the biggest problems students all around the world experience: accessing their study materials anytime, anywhere, and sharing them with their fellow students. Word of mouth and a tremendous organic growth do the rest.
We’re now at a stage where we ship more and more new features in every release, and the velocity of it will keep on increasing. As our first QA engineer, you partner closely with our Product and Tech teams to ensure the highest product quality by designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics. If you are a self-starter, a great advocate, result-focused and have an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, then you will be a great fit at StuDocu!
What you’ll be doing:
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to develop test plans;
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities and assist developers;
- Perform comprehensive manual testing of new and current products across all our platforms: web, mobile web, Android and iOS app;
- Execute all levels of automated testing (Integration, Performance, Acceptance, and Regression);
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts;
- Research new tools and methods to optimize test automation and improve efficiency.
Why you are going to love it here:
- You will be at the heart of the team behind a product that helps millions of students worldwide to excel in their studies. StuDocu is set to become an industry leader in the EdTech space;
- You will learn every day, interacting with a great international team of talented and ambitious people. You will have a huge impact and a clear footprint;
- We are based in a nice and bright office in the heart of Amsterdam with a large garden, right beside the canals. Our office vibe is awesome, and our chef makes us amazing lunches every day.
- We work hard to make the world a better place and we celebrate success. Last year with a company trip to Bali, this year we are going skiing in the Alps!
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of working experience in software development and software quality assurance;
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience;
- Understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes;
- Familiarity with Gherkin, Unit tests and/or Jest is a plus;
- Knowledge of the current trends and latest advancements in Test Automation;
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process;