At StuDocu we believe in one thing: setting knowledge free will help humanity overcome its greatest challenges. StuDocu is the world’s leading community for university students. Every month we help more than 15+ million university students to get smarter, faster. After rapid and profitable growth in the Netherlands (under the StudeerSnel.nl brand) we are now taking the rest of the world by storm fueled by an investment round B of 50 million USD.
Finance is the backbone of our global growth. Next to making sure all day-to-day financial activities run smoothly, you will play a key role in taking the next step in terms of professionalizing and automating the financial processes and making sure our growth is globally compliant with all (financial) regulations. Together with Peter, our Finance Manager who knows the company inside out, you will help bring the organization to the next level and help prepare for a financial audit that will ensure compliance on all levels worldwide.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead accurate and timely month-end closing procedures, reporting, and annual reporting.
- Further professionalize and optimize our financial and business processes;
- Ensure worldwide sales tax & VAT ruling compliance;
- Focus on cost control, monitoring, and reporting;
- Assist on ad-hoc financial analysis projects (including business cases, initiatives, local currencies, and payment methods);
- Controlling and further optimization of cash management.
Why you are going to love it here:
- You will be contributing to a product that helps millions of students worldwide to excel in their studies. StuDocu is set to become an industry leader in the EdTech space;
- You will learn every day, interacting with a great international team of talented and ambitious people.
- We are based in a nice and bright office in the heart of Amsterdam with a large garden, right beside the canals;
- We work hard to make the world a better place and we celebrate success. We throw great parties and team events (even virtual ones);
- And so many other reasons!
3+ years of experience in a similar position (e.g. controller, auditor);
Strong accounting background, with Masters’ degree in accounting or related field;
Excellent excel modeling skills (and willingness to learn SQL);
Experience with accounting software (experience with Twinfield is a plus);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- You are a self-starter, who sees opportunities for improvements and loves to initiate and drive projects;
- A sharp mind, with great attention to detail, that loves crunching the numbers.