At StuDocu we believe in one thing: setting knowledge free will help humanity overcome its greatest challenges. StuDocu is the world’s leading community for university students. Every month we help more than 12 million university students to get smarter, faster. After a rapid and profitable growth in the Netherlands (under the StudeerSnel.nl brand) we are now taking the rest of the world by storm.
The reason why we’re so popular? Our product solves some of the biggest problems students all around the world experience: accessing their study materials anytime, anywhere, and sharing them with their fellow students. Word of mouth and a tremendous organic growth do the rest.
We’re now at a pivotal stage when we firmly believe that, besides nailing our core business, it’s time to explore opportunities which could shape new business units in the long run. Using your strong entrepreneurial background in transforming ideas into hacky MVPs “to prove the case”, you will work closely with the management team as well as the business and technology teams to shape what the new company growth and monetisation streams look like. You’re a strategic thinker with a very hands-on approach, you have experience with product and operations management and most importantly: you never give up!
What you’ll be doing:
- Help shape the long term strategy of StuDocu;
- Take an entrepreneurial, no-nonsense approach to uncovering long term growth and monetisation opportunities across product, marketing, and operations;
Independently transform ideas into viable MVPs and execute on them;
- Work with Product, Operations and Marketing teams for elevating your MVPs into new business units.
Why you are going to love it here:
- You will be leading the strategies behind a product that helps millions of students worldwide to excel at their studies. StuDocu is set to become an industry leader in the EdTech space;
- You will learn everyday, interacting with a great international team of talented and ambitious people. You will have a huge impact and a clear footprint;
- We are based in a nice and bright office in the heart of Amsterdam with a large garden, right beside the canals. Our office vibe is awesome and our chef makes amazing lunches every day.
- We work hard to make the world a better place and we celebrate success. Last year with a company trip to Bali, this year we are going skiing in the Alps!
What you bring to the table:
5+ years experience from general management, business development, growth, product or operations related jobs at online consumer focused companies or equivalent work experience. We're open to people with experience in other walks of life (e.g. Strategy Consulting, Operations Management, Engineering, Banking ), who intuitively get this stuff and are interested in pursuing a different career;
B.Sc. in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or similar field;
- Broad experience in using data-insights for scaling up and supercharging a digital business with a creative approach;